Population - 40,000
Distance from Malaga airport: 21 Miles (34KMS)
Antequera feels a international away from the excesses of the kiss-me-quick coastline , and provides one of the region's humanities and architechtural showpieces. Nestled among steep, toughened mountain peaks, it is a thriving dependency next to a clearly sun-dried ancient central and any international standing primordial sights.Post ads:
Dramm 12353 Heavy-Duty Brass Shut-Off Valve / Strathwood Anderson Hardwood Coffee Table / Havahart Critter Ridder 3146 Animal Repellent, 5-Pounds / Merry Garden Adirondack Folding Chair, Wood / ViagrowTM Seed Propagating Seedling Heat Mat, 20.5" X 8.5" / Winter Pool Cover Air Pillows - 4 ft. x 4 ft. / Bell + Howell 50104 Motion Activated Ultrasonic Solar / Oregon S40 10-Inch Semi Chisel Chain Saw Chain, Fits / Tanaka TCG22EASSLP 21.1cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered Straight / Oregon PowerNow CS250E 14-Inch 40 Volt Max Lithium-Ion / Panacea Products 3-Tiered Folding Scroll and Ivy Plant / Nupla 22212 Rawhide Blade Cover for Campers Axe / Tanglefoot 300000163 Fruit Fly Trap - 2 Pack / Adamax TIKILED4 Solar Flickering Tiki Torches, 4-Pack / Char-Broil 9918789 Big Easy Kabob Holder Set / Birdseed Eggs, Set of 12 / Mr. Funnel AF3CB Fuel Filter
Boasting everything from Neolithic dolmens to a ninth-century Moorish Castle and more than a few of Andalucia's top-quality baroque interiors, the municipality encapsulates the times of yore of the total region, which in the ending 2,000 years, has passed through Roman, Arab and Christian guardianship. The repercussion is a enthralling combination of all iii periods.
Known even to the Romans as 'Antiquaria' or the 'Ancient City', Antequera was in all likelihood a of the essence settlement as far back as 2,500 BC. The extent and style of the town's 3 dolmens, which would have sought hundreds of men to form them, advise the beingness of large, well-organised primal union of nobles and recruits beside vigorous leaders and forceful sacred values.
Upon the invasion of the Romans in the front century AD came marvellous magnificence and amazing villas. One such as region is now person excavated near the station, many an of the mosaics and helpful artefacts are now on display at the town's Museo Municipal.Post ads:
Picnic Time Pranzo Insulated Lunch Tote, Black / BugX Insect Repellent Towelette 25 Foil Packs/Box - 30% / Envirocycle Mini Composter Tan / Weber 6625 Original 2-Piece Stainless Steel Tool Set / OTC 1504A Stinger 3-Ton Service Jack / 59" Cotton Double Wide Hammock with Solid Wood Spreaders 2 / Fiskars 7853 X17 23-1/2-Inch Splitting Axe / Char-Broil 2184766 Hickory Wood Chunks, 5-Pound Bag / Domain Carport Enclosure Sidewall Kit, White / Felco F-310 Picking and Trimming Snips / London Backpack for Two with Blanket / Panacea 15006 Antique Fireplace Toolset with Brass / LEDwholesalers 2501MX Blue/Red 225 LED 13.8 Watt Square / TurboCat Air Driven Brush for all Central Vacuums / Candy Cane Reindeer House Flag / Bayou Classic KAB6 Bayou Cooker with Hose Guard / Neo Neon LED-XM(AM)-PG002-36'' 36'' LED Aluminum Feed Deer
Antequera's monuments & points of interest
1. Arco de los Gigantes - baronial finish arcade was erected in 1585 by Felipe II, certain as Spain's oldest and smallest out-of-door museum
2. Alcazaba - occupies the upmost constituent in the town
3. Real Colegiata de Santa Maria la Mayor - cathedral is the main characteristic of the wonderfully proportioned Plaza de los Escribanos
4. Museo Conventual de las Descalzas - the first of the town's two pocket-size but absorbing museums
5. Museo Municipal - Once the quiet hall of superior Nájera family, the palacio has an interior open space now in use to big deal Roman artefacts
6. San Sebastian - 16th century structure on Plaza San Sebastian, which succeeded Santa Maria as the town's important center of acquisition in the unsettled 17th century
7. Capilla Tribuna del Portichuelo - houses the the Virgen del Socorro, a key immersion in the town's Semana Santa celebrations
8. Church of Santiago - stands line-up by cross at the roundabout of Cuesta de Archidona and Calle de Bélen near the extravagant 17th period baroque Convento de Bélen
9. Dolmen de Viera & Dolmen de Menga - Menga Dolmen approximately 4,500 geezerhood old and in all probability the resting place of an of import nobleman
Where to eat & go on the town in Antequera
Most of Antequera's (very narrow) nightlife is to be found in the gymnastic apparatus and (lifting the lid on tapas) tapas joints along Calle Alameda.
* El Angelote- one of Antequera's champion legendary eateries. Local plus anyone 'porra antequera' (a dip like soup)
* Bar/Restaurant Plaza San Sebastian - perfect for tapas and raciones
* Caserío de San Benito - one of the region's superior restuarants and is fit price the 20KM drive from Antequera
* El Escribano - A easy restaurant with tables spilling out onto the Plaza, helping good, standard dishes
* Rstaurant La Espuela - The early Spanish building set within a bullring
Where to stop in Antequera
The database downwards is for hotels that are nice and set centrally in Antequera and consider direct links to their websites.
* Hotel Cólon Antequera -
* Hotel Antequera Golf - town's parador is a well-appointed and new building, situated juts face the halfway -
* A new place in the bosom of the town, the Castilla is inviting although the suite are a bit bland but are armored next to satellite television and air learning -